I had a rare moment at home yesterday. It was freaking wonderful!
Since I work 8-5 every weekday, it's a grateful moment when I can be off work for a couple of hours. My daughter had an ortho appointment yesterday, so I got off work and stayed home with my son while Daddy took her to the orthodontist. Two whole hours to be able to do anything I wanted while my son was reading at my side.
I got the dishes done and put some of the dinner to start and then freedom. Freedom is very rare these days. I am always so on the go-go-go, that just knowing I had two hours to do stuff I want was so cool. So, what did I do after the little fast chores?
I had forgotten what it was like to just let my run free across a page. I had forgotten what it was like to do anything I wanted. I wrote and wrote freely, without the inner criticism. It was exactly what this mama needed.
This is one of the many things I was grateful for this week.
What else am I grateful for, you ask?
- Group text messages from my blog #soulsistas.
- Grocery shopping after a few tight on the budget weeks.
- The #bloggerlovedare and realizing how strong my marriage is.
- A "just because I love you" hug from my son.
- Good night cuddles with my daughter.
- Class cancelled this week. What?!
- Getting lots of work done at the job - such a relief to not feel like you're behind.
I loved how this week went. It was good one. A real honest-to-goodness great week!
Here's to another weekend to refuel and be ready for whatever comes next week!